Major Purpose: A brief statement of the position’s overall purpose
To accurately process all FPBP applications/renewals and submit the applications to the department for determination of eligibility.
Duties / Responsibilities: Statements describing the essential
• Access, read and interpret data on MAXIMUS and State processing systems.
• Respond and make best effort to resolve all caller inquiries and needs on the Family Planning Benefit Program via mail, confidentiality and privacy requests, and general program information.
• Escalate calls or paper application processing issues to designated staff for resolution as needed.
• Transfer/refer consumers to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
• Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures
• Respond to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
• Attend meetings and trainings as requested and maintain up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems
• Meet key performance metrics
• Responsible for adhering to established safety standards
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
• Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Work is constantly performed in an office environment
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
Background & Experience Required:
• 0 – 1 years of experience
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to type and process material in an expeditious manner.
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
• Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive tasks.
• Ability to learn new software programs
• Previous experience with computers, phone systems, and headsets preferred
• Previous experience in customer service preferred
• Background in eligibility determination or a related field is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- High School Diploma with 0-1 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone, recording consistent problem areas.
- May respond to email inquiries.
- Customer service is the primary function.
- Calls are basis and routine.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal and external contacts.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed