The Training Specialists develops, carries out, and evaluates training programs for employees and clients. The Training Specialist instructs employees in new technology, management, reporting systems, and safety; must analyze organizational development issues, discover where training would be most useful, and design effective strategies.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Creates and develops training curriculum and training materials based on proven adult learning techniques including ADDIE, Rapid Course Development, and Adult Learning Theory.
• Creates and develops training scenarios and updates comprehensive training environment data resources to ensure that systems training mimics the production environment systems tools used by employees on a daily basis
• Works extensively with business partners and SMEs to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet learner and stakeholder needs and organizational quality standards develop qualitative and quantitative assessment tools to measure learner requirements, competencies, and organizational quality standards.
• Teaches instructional programs in accordance with training or other course requirements and organize materials to be presented
• Develops assessments to measure and assess effectiveness of the curriculum and learner performance in the workplace, integrating results into new and existing course curriculum.
• Reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed curriculums and recommend changes to policies and procedures as applicable
• Develops and creates training resources and maintains/updates systems training environment and library of training resources to align with operational excellence.
• Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
• Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Work is constantly performed in an office environment
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Background & Experience Required:
• 3 years of professional/related experience
• Demonstrated classroom management skills
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills,
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment,
• Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously,
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
• Facilitation, presentation, and coaching experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Experience in completing monitoring reports, and providing feedback to staff and/or management as appropriate.
• Knowledge and experience with project management, CRM software, and/or call center telephonic tracking software a plus
• Knowledge and work experience with New York State programs (i.e. CHIP, TANF, SNAP, Medicaid or LTC) or private health insurance is preferred.
• Experience in multi-media development applications, such as Captivate, a plus.