-Travels throughout assigned county, working primarily in applicants' places of residence.
-Conducts intake visits for waiver applicants and acts as a facilitator for the eligibility determination process, providing assistance from the time individuals are identified as potential participants in an HCBS program to the time they are enrolled as participants or are terminated from the intake process.
-Presents and discusses the concept of the waiver programs, and advises applicants of their rights and responsibilities.
-Assists with application submission, including data entry of application information into HCSIS 5.
-Assists applicants with investigating Medicaid eligibility as needed.
-Assists applicants with selecting Supports Coordinators that best meet their needs, ensuring consumer control is maintained throughout the application process.
-Consults with the Enrollment Nurse for more difficult cases, as needed.
-Initiates the development of the Individual Service Plan and obtains Department approval.
-Assists with developing relationships with community-based organizations, advocates and stakeholders to gather feedback on improving the application process and removing barriers to enrolling in HCBS waiver programs.
-Fosters and maintains relationships with parties serving our mutual consumers, including physicians, County Assistance Offices, providers, nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities.
-Facilitates the efficiency of the application process, ensuring any stalled cases receive extra attention and support.
-Attends regularly scheduled meetings at central Harrisburg office.
-Reports on schedule availability at regular intervals.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Handles more complex customer service inquiries and problems via telephone, recording consistent problem areas.
- May respond to email inquiries.
- Customer service is the primary function.
- Calls are non-routine and require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Handles situations which may require adaptation of response or extensive research according to customer response.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- May handle escalated or uresolved calls from less experienced representatives.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or draft such responses for supervisor or team lead.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed