MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
We are seeking a 508 Analyst to join our team to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client located in New Carrollton, MD. Our client wants our staff on site providing support at the IRS facility 3 days a week, Tuesday through Thursday but other 2 days you can work at home! The IRS facility is conveniently located directly across the street from the New Carrollton Metro station!
• Support Agile scrum team in analysis of business requirements and non-functional requirements to identify user story acceptance test criteria for 508 compliance
• Analyze application design, interface, and database design documentation to identify key areas for 508 testing focus
• Assist with user experience/user interface design to ensure usability from an accessibility perspective
• Create or alter testing protocols to align with business user stories and non-functional requirements
• Communicate defects and potential workarounds to developers and other team members not familiar with Section 508
• Participate in Agile scrum team activities including daily standup, release planning, sprint planning and end of sprint ceremonies
*Employment is contingent upon contract award.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university required; an additional four years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
• Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of general experience
• At least five (5) years’ experience in Enterprise Computing or IT solutions
• Experience using the following: JAWS, Dragon, and/or Zoom Text; following versions preferred - JAWS 13 or 16; ZoomText 10.11.7.4; Dragon Naturally Speaking 14
• Demonstrated knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria and best practice guidelines
• Experience with user interface design with respect to 508 standards/guidelines and usability
• Knowledge of and experience working with Agile principles and methods
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
• Experience with IBM Rational Tools such as Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Rational Functional Tester (RFT) preferred
• Work is performed in an office environment with a low to moderate noise level
Additional Requirements, as per Contract/Client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (Active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus)
• Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for three (3) years, and be Federal Tax compliant
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed