MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
We are seeking a seeking an experienced Mainframe Developer to join our team in Baltimore, MD. This Mainframe developer would be proficient in all concepts of COBOL and be willing to train any junior staff as and when requested.
• Develops code, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software.
• Performs maintenance on existing software products and contributes knowledge of business applications.
• Writes programs according to specifications needed. Works with the technical staff to understand problems with software and then resolves them.
• Responds to all reported current software production concerns.
• Resolves customer complaints with the software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Also, assists in the development of software user manuals.
• Engages in production support activities on an as needed basis.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• At least four (4) years of COBOL and CICS development and maintenance experience
• Strong IBM mainframe operating system experience.
• VSAM w/IDCAMS knowledge
• Experience with JCL/PROCS
• Prior experience working with abend analysis, resolution tools, and Library source maintenance tools.
• Experience with online and batch programming troubleshooting tools.
• Must have prior work history of a quarterly or semi-annual maintenance release schedule
• Prior experience in Medicare claims adjudication, Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facility, Durable Medical Equipment, Part A, or Part B processing is required
• Experience in software development full life cycle process is required
• Knowledge of Federal government contracting is desired
• Experience with Endeavour and ServiceNow ITSM framework is a “plus
Additional Requirements as per Contract/Client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship or Permanent Residency
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed