-Serve as the lead content knowledge expert concerning the review and research of provided medical information.
-Perform medical case reviews consisting of medical referral information to facilitate appointing by Lay-Staff.
-Facilitate the provision of coaching for Lay-Staff in assisting patients with scheduling care.
-Identify and direct the provision of Medical Terminology training to Lay-Staff for scheduling and specialty referral appointing.
-Assist in providing organizational support of ICD-10 coding of medical documentation.
-Maintain professional nursing oversight documentation on staff and assure compliance with licensure and training.
-Provide manager with updates on all issues regarding quality, training, policy, procedures, staff issues, case determination and appeals activity.
-Provide supervision, development, and coaching of staff to assure quality, productivity, attendance and timeliness of work completion and departmental goals.
-Establish work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of assigned operations.
-Compose performance evaluations for bonuses and annual focal point reviews.
-Provide training and disciplinary action in accordance to company and project guidelines.
-Complete and deliver performance warnings as applicable.
-Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
-Facilitate meetings as needed.
-Interview and recommend applicants for hire.
-Monitor workload and coordinate schedules.
-Communicate pertinent program updates in a timely manner using ability to review and understand contract scope and requirements.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed