The Finance & Accounting Analyst is responsible for supporting the financial management with forecasting, analyzing, reporting on project level financial data.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to deliver and/or oversee accuracy of project structures in the accounting system (Deltek / Cognos). This involves accurately setting up project and/or charge codes and entering contract funding changes, entering invoicing details related to client and vendor invoices on a monthly basis, and running reports to check accuracy. The successful candidate for this position reports to the Manager of Finance but will work very closely with other finance managers, project managers, as well as finance and operational leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Create and modify contract nodes in the accounting system (Deltek / Cognos) as per approved Contract Information Form (CIF). Ensure accuracy of created contract nodes, including org structure and revenue recognition formula;
- Coordinate with project managers to obtain accurate client billing as well as vendor invoicing information. Enter those data in the accounting system in a timely manner;
- At month close, coordinate accruals and adjustments across all divisions, check accuracy, obtain appropriate approvals, and submit to accounting for processing;
- Support all divisions in document coordination and analysis pertaining to audit requests;
- Support all divisions in consolidation of financial forecasting packages;
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as needed
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed