MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Director - Technical Architect is responsible for leading the technology design and definition of healthcare and human services solutions that support MAXIMUS business processing outsourcing business and future healthcare markets. This person will be responsible for establishing, refining and providing direction, standards and best practices on all architectural aspects of application technology. This person will work with MAXIMUS IT and operations staff to design cost-effective integrated technology solutions comprised of both in house and commercial off-the-shelf products. The successful candidate will be a lead technical representative supporting pre-marketing and proposal activities. The Director - Technical Architect will be the lead spokesman and drive the decision making for technical decisions in conjunction with other MAXIMUS IT leadership and staff.
• Participates with senior management to establish technology strategy, architecture and plans.
• Understands the organizational direction, goals and industry competitive environment to determine how architecture can add value to the organization and to business.
• Leads, sets direction, establishes standards, architectural governance and best practices in the application technical architecture space for Health, Human and Federal Services Solutions.
• Assesses business and systems requirements and designs against best practices, technology advances, industry standards, and business needs. Provides direction on implementing feasible, cost-effective solutions to the overall system architecture and designs to meet these needs.
• Serves as the key technical point of contact in developing technical solutions in response to Request for Proposals, Change Requests, and business needs.
• Collaborates and coordinates with MAXIMUS IT security and infrastructure teams to develop strategies to fulfill security and performance requirements and assess effectiveness of the solutions.
• Provides leadership and mentors team members within the architecture shared services organization to enable individuals and organizations to design and develop scalable solutions.
• Reviews federal, state, and company policies to determine applicability to systems functionality, design, and operation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field with more than 10 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree (Preferred) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field with more than 8 years of relevant experience.
• At least 7 years of architecture experience at an enterprise level.
• Knowledge, experience and exhibits strong thought leadership in digital architecture domain and applications, in developing web services and emerging technologies such as micro services in cloud-based environments and virtualization.
• Experience of MASA Mesh model including “As a Service” models (eg. SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) and platforms (eg. AWS, Azure)
• Knowledge of EA Frameworks such as TOGAF, FEAF, NIST or similar
• Experience with Agile/continuous integration/DevOps
• Demonstrated success in serving in a supervisory management role
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to influence peers and superiors (technical and business) the strategic direction of overall solution
• Must be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment of competing and alternating priorities
• Proven ability to develop and present technical white papers and healthcare solution presentations. Examples should be provided as possible and appropriate.
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
• Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)