MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Sr. Specialist-Human Capital will perform a variety of functions necessary for the effective management of human resources through all phases of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, active employment and separation.
• Perform a wide range of functions associated with recruitment, onboarding, performance management and separations in accordance with Company policies
• Ensure the integrity of employee data, including performance of regular audits and documentation of appropriate quality control measures
• Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
• Assist employees with inquiries regarding duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities
• Work with management and Corporate resources to develop, maintain and modify compliant job descriptions
• Provide metrics that enable more effective management of human resources activities, analyze data for trends and prepare reports
• Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns
• Maintain current knowledge of employment and labor laws, including, but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, directories, or performance evaluation forms
• Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures
• Perform other duties as may be assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in related field, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
• At least three (3) years of Human Capital experience required
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
• Knowledge of variety of human capital principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, employee relations and compliance
• Strong analytical skills required. Intermediate knowledge of Excel required
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Must be a US Citizen