MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
We are seeking a Senior Computer Network Support Specialist to join our team supporting an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client located in Martinsburg WV.
The Senior Computer Network Support Specialist will support project responsibilities for Unified Access and Segmentation (UA Seg) and the duties associated with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and TrustSec. The Senior Computer Network Support Specialist will be responsible to design, develop, and manage ISE network services to meet current and future business requirements, and apply or extend, enhance, or optimize the existing architecture to meet those requirements. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning and coordinating the installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of ISE Environment (i.e. software and related enterprise-level changes to the systems infrastructure).
• Monitoring and troubleshooting systems availability.
• Recovering data in the event of hardware or software failure.
• Ensuring upgrade of current versions of supported software as they become available.
• Scheduling downtime to minimize user impact.
• Monitoring ISE appliance performance using performance monitoring tools.
• Correcting security vulnerabilities in ISE systems in response to problems identified in Vulnerability reports.
• Communicate TrustSec technical requirements by preparing and presenting briefings to IRS management on various ISE issues.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the ISE installed systems and services (Health Checks).
• Provide advice on and devising solutions to a wide range of ISE issues.
• Receive, respond to, and ensure resolution of help center calls; document actions taken; give needed guidance or training to customers to prevent recurrences; and assist IRS specialists in resolving problems.
• Analyze requests for modifications of existing ISE environment, determine how the ISE system should be configured based on the desired change.
• Ensure the integration of ISE programs and services; developing solutions to integration/interoperability issues.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
• At least five (5) years of IT experience
• Experience with Cisco Routers, Switches and network technologies
• Proficient in network technologies including Ethernet, VLANS, and TCP/IP, 802.1X/NAC
• Ability to work as part of a team and ability to support multiple tasks at the same time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
• Hands on experience with ISE including:
o Production deployment of Enforcement Mode in a medium to large enterprise environment (5,000+ users and/or 10,000 devices)
o Installation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance of physical or virtual ISE appliances
UCS and ESXi experience is a major plus
o Policy configuration, update, and tuning for both authentication, authorization, and profiling polices
Configure custom policy rules to meet specific or unique organizational requirements
o Experience with Cisco AnyConnect Network Access Manager Profile Editor and settings
o Integration experience with deploy 802.1X authentication for wired, wireless, or VPN
• Cisco Certifications - CCNP, CCNA or CCDP
• Experience designing and implementing network configurations
• Some combination of experience with network technologies including ACI/Micro-Segmentation, load balancers; and other Emerging Technologies
• Experience in Cisco Identity Service Engine version 2.0 or higher; and TrustSec (Network Segmentation using ISE)
• Experience with F5 load balancers
• IRS experience
• Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
• Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 50-75 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus)
• United States Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residency (Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax compliant