1. Conducts quality management processes on assessments completed by contracted field assessors and/or other clinical reviewers to ensure assessments adhere to state-directed criteria for determining medical need.
2. Schedules and conducts document-based quality reviews that adheres to state-directed clinical criteria for determining medical need.
3. Responsible for engagement and performance feedback for assessors (ICs), including onboarding assistance, making/following-up on referrals, tracking responsiveness, and informing both R&C and supervisor in writing when performance and/or responsiveness issues arise with any IC.
4. Attends and participates in scheduled contract, committee, and all-staff meetings.
5. Performs other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The job requires a Master’s degree in Health, Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, or related field.
The job requires three (3) or four (4) years of experience (contract-specific) working directly with individuals with mental health diagnoses. Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities might be helpful.