Job Description Summary
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia. The Company delivers business process services to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support programs around the globe. The Company’s primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. Operating under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, MAXIMUS has more than 16,000 employees worldwide.
The MAXIMUS Reimagined Solutions (#MARS) Team is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Technical Product Analyst to join the Microservices Architecture (MSA) Service Team.
The #MARS Service Team is responsible for modernizing the current product offerings for MAXIMUS’ core markets of eligibility, enrollment and customer service. The Technical Product Analyst will work closely with the Product Owners, Design Team and Engineering Teams to produce technical requirements and guide the product design. The ideal person to fill this role should be someone who has the ability to synthesize complex business requirements into actionable goals for the engineering team. The Technical Product Analyst must demonstrate critical thinking skills and be able to recommend original and productive ideas.
• Serves as a Technical Owner of component functionality as part of the Agile SDLC
• Reviews and contributes to the development of functional user stories and work with the development team to create technical user stories
• Works with the development and testing teams to ensure common understanding of user stories and ensure that acceptance criteria is complete, accurate, and testable
• Helps guide the UI/UX design and ensure that the team is adhering to established styles and design principals
• Actively participates in the creation of design specifications, user manuals, release notes, and general system documentation by analyzing business needs and creating or updating requirements
• Works with the project team to understand how the present and future business needs may impact the solution
• Evaluates existing business processes, uncover areas of improvement, and analyze and recommend solutions as they relate to the MSA Products
• Provides clarity on existing business flows to help furnish an understanding of As-Is and To-Be of product functionality
• Creates new insights to help address essential business questions from the design, development and testing teams
• Establishes data-driven methods for effectively understanding and improving upon requirement accuracy
• Becomes a subject matter expert on the MSA Product offerings
• Partners with business stakeholders to set clear objectives and key requirements for MSA product offerings
• Consults with MAXIMUS project teams on implementation of MSA product offerings
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in systems analysis or a related field
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Experience working with a diverse set of business and stakeholder groups where constant collaboration and clear communication is paramount
• Very knowledgeable of MAXIMUS health services contact center, correspondence, and enrollment broker business processes
• Proven experience translating business requirements and objectives into technical requirements for development and testing teams
• The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
• Familiarity with Agile and Product Management concepts
• Experience working with APIs, integration and evaluation tools
• Working knowledge of SQL and Data Modelling concepts
• Excellent documentation skills
• A track record of following through on commitments
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
• Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)