The Senior Commercial Manager negotiates and manages a specific set of vendors on a global basis, overseeing the entirety of the vendor relationship and potentially the delivery of outsourced services. The Sr. Manager also identifies new technology solutions and works closely with internal business partners to forecast future needs and to develop cost effective strategies aligned with business objectives.
required: CCCM or CFCM desired (certified Commercial or Federal contract management certificate)
required:• Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
• 10 years’ related work experience required, specifically in cost optimization opportunity analysis and advanced contract negotiation
• Experience in strategic sourcing and supplier management processes with emphasis in IT outsourcing, systems emphasizing software and or hardware acquisition
• Ability to manage and direct cross functional teams as well as direct reports
• Experience in managing federal and state compliance requirements as it relates to procurement, supplier and asset management, and in tools adoption and implementation to enhance MMS posture therein
preferred: • Supply chain educational emphasis preferred, s/w tools evaluation, adoption and integration
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed