Technician 3 - Helpdesk
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Technician 3 – Helpdesk position is responsible for responding to telephone calls, email, tickets, and personnel requests for technical support.
• Identify, research, and resolves technical problems
• Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution within established SLA’s
• Assist in tracking and completing help desk tickets pertaining to application, networking, and systems problems and issues
• Promote a high level of customer satisfaction through proper communication techniques, and respond with the appropriate amount of urgency to user problems
• Correct application issues, solve network and security problems, and resolve common PC software and hardware problems.
• Provide hardware support of PCs, Laptops, Servers, and Network devices, such as installing replacement hardware or upgrading hardware
• Support Software/Hardware on equipment such as, Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors and other peripherals, Virtual Desktops/VMware, Workstations, Servers, Active Directory, Automated imaging solutions, PowerShell Scripting
• Provide support for Windows 7 and Windows 10 by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including running in-depth diagnostics
• Assign user-name, password and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications, as well as client software
• Work with other IT departments and vendors to resolve technical issues beyond the scope of the Sr. Tech position.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• High school diploma or GED required
• Associate degree is preferred
• Minimum 4 years of related work experience required
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate and familiar with desktop support procedures
• Knowledge of systems software sufficient to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software
• Ability to install and deploy Windows based computers
• Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, VMware, Active Directory, Automation scripting/IBM Bigfix/Altiris, automation of MS patching for desktops
• Knowledge of Internet Explorer software usage and configuration
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds required
• Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)