-Provide independent oversight during the planning, design and implementation of public sector IT solutions using knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
-Provide expert knowledge in one or more areas of the SDLC, such as program/project management, requirements development, software development, testing, or implementation
-Proven ability to interface with the IT resources, management teams and stakeholders on a regular basis to gather information, build relationships, and resolve issues.
-Responsible for meeting cost, schedule and quality requirements of the project and will oversee all contract administrative functions including policy, budget, staff management and financial controls.
-Serves as the MAXIMUS primary day-to-day contact with client
-Directs project management and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) activities
-Contributes to or authors QA/IV&V project deliverables
-Reviews all project deliverables and, when necessary, escalates critical issues
-Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred; experience may be substituted for education
-PMP Certification strongly preferred
-Experience in formal project management practices similar to those published by the Project Management Institute (PMI) required
-Minimum of 10-15 years of related experience; IV&V experience preferred, but
-Must have 5 years experience in health and human services public sector IT
-Strong interpersonal and team building skills, as well as an understanding of client relationship building are essential
-Excellent verbal and writing skills and be comfortable working with customers
-Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
-Perform other duties as assigned my management
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed