MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
Job Summary: The Agent will review applications, invoices, and supporting documentation for eligibility determination based on guidelines.
Essential Job Duties:
•Conducts reviews of applications submitted by schools and libraries for discounts for internet access, internal connections, basic maintenance of internal connections, and managed internal broadband services and equipment received for eligibility based on guidelines provided
•Processes invoices for discounts on equipment and services according to Program guidelines
•Communicates with applicants through email, E-Rate Systems and by telephone to obtain the required documentation required to process applications
•Utilizes desktop procedures, checklists and other documentation to process applications and invoices according to Program rules and guidelines
•Performs quality reviews of applications and invoices when required to ensure accuracy
•Escalates issues and questions as they arise when processing Program documents
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED required; College degree is preferred
• A minimum of one year of administrative work experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
• Basic knowledge of IT networking and/or infrastructure required
• Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Ability to type 20 WPM
Additional Requirements as per Contract/Client:
• Must be a US Citizen
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- High School Diploma with 0-2 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
- Acquires job skills and learns applicable policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Able to read, understand & perform assignments within prescribed guidelines.
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal & external contacts.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed