\MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Desktop Support Engineer will be a very hands-on member of a the Technical support team responsible for PC desktop, laptop configuration ,mobile device, and application support including Windows operating systems and software and other applications.
Essential Job Duties:
• Reporting Tasks of Weekly Status reports
• Reporting Remedy Tickets
• SCCM Software pushes
• Big Fix Patching and compliance support
• Hands on Desktop support for troubleshooting HW or SW issues
• Hardware and Software Certifications
• Recognize issues that need to be escalated
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
• At least five (5) years of related work experience required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Highly detail-oriented and productivity-oriented
• Organized, timely, and customer service-oriented
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Ability to work proactively and effectively while delivering high quality work products in a timely manner
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Strong customer focus to interact with customers
• Experience with NIST standards and applying OS, browser and application STIGs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task using e-mail and IM
• Ability to work independently on assigned projects
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Additional Requirements as per Contract/Client:
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed