Supervise the daily operations of technical adjudication team supporting MAXIMUS Federal Services. Job duties include performance monitoring, performance appraisals, training and staff hiring, disciplinary action as needed, maintaining processes and procedures for the department. Serves as subject matter expert regarding the review and research of provided appeals review.
• Supervise team members ensuring members follow MAXIMUS policies and procedures
• Assist members when necessary in coordination of appeal case processing and workload correction
• Conduct periodic quality review of team members’ work product.
• Lead periodic team meetings to discuss team related issues and concerns
• Coach and mentor team members to meet expectations and business objectives; manage through disciplinary process if necessary
• Manage staffing levels and led hiring activities including interview and hiring recommendation
• Perform quarterly bonus and annual reviews.
• Serve as the subject matter expert on technical appeals
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of degree equivalent experience
• Ability to respond to the needs of outside contact, including but not limited to: enrollees, and providers; Ability to work as a team member; Ability to provide guidance and feedback to allow team members to perform work at a high level;
• Ability to manage workloads of subordinate staff; Minimum of 3 years experience in leadership
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to quickly learn multiple database systems and comfortably manage multiple screens at the same time
At least two (2) years’ experience; Experience with mentoring and coaching team members with emphasis on improvement
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- Ensure compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring non-exempt employees get the rest & meal breaks
- Comply with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
- A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks related to the unit or sub-unit.
- Generally supervises semi-skilled employees or a few individual professional contributors.
- Works on issues of limited scope.
- Follows established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Monitors daily operations of a unit or sub-unit. Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate employees and functional peer groups.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations concerning specific projects or schedules.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review.
- Directs subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed