Associate Specialist – Technical Writer
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Specialist - Technical Writing position focuses on knowledge management for the MAXIMUS IT organization. The primary function would be to help champion organization-wide knowledge sharing, so that the organization has access to know-how information and previously created documents. Responsibilities include technical writing, knowledge management site support, and project work with teams and the audit department.
• Build and maintain knowledge base in SharePoint
• Build document management processes and procedures
• Assess knowledge base needs, inaccuracies, gaps; work quickly to resolve and make content current
• Work cross-functionally with internal teams for maximum efficiency and accuracy in documentation content
• Create hierarchy and ownership structure to sustain knowledge management
• Empower contributions from key stakeholders to improve the knowledge base
• Design and implement work flows to manage documentation process
• Establish standard templates for all documentation for the teams to utilize in document creation.
• Collaborate with and support the Implementation Team to tune and evolve our Knowledge Base.
• Create, promote, and apply best practices for writing, style, and content in Microsoft style
• Create training material in support of the Knowledge management process
• Improve search results by honing and maintaining the knowledge base taxonomy, labels list, and ensuring symptoms and subject terms are present in each article
• SharePoint knowledge for site management, list creation, workflow creation/modification and document management within SharePoint
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience required
• 0-2 years' experience in Technical Writing or similar job field
• Experience managing or writing Knowledge Base program strongly preferred
• Ability to gain consensus and collaboration with individuals across many departments and at various levels of the organization
• SharePoint Site Management knowledge
• Strong computer and technology skills are required, Microsoft Office and SharePoint required
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills - able to explain complex concepts in layman's language
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Move quickly and accurately - highly goal driven and self-directed
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)