-Supervises assigned employees through cultivation of a high performance team-oriented environment that is consistent with the culture and values of the project.
-Coordinates all required tasks related to employee schedule changes and time-off.
-Interviews and make recommendations for selection of new employees.
-Prepares 30-45 day orientation plans for new hires.
-Conducts on-the-job training for new employees.
-Coaches and counsels employees for success.
-Conducts regularly scheduled 1:1 meetings with direct reports.
-Assists the manager with enhancing contract performance through monitoring and ensuring compliance with contract requirements and Policies & Procedures, communicating all recommendations and actions with the manager.
-Facilitates cross-department collaboration through day-to-day interactions and focused efforts.
-Assists the manager with maintaining a positive customer relationship through ensuring effective communication with customers and employees, assisting with the resolution of customer/provider complaints, and properly documenting relevant customer/provider complaint information.
-Assists the manager with continual process improvement initiatives by monitoring assigned workflow and processes and providing feedback to the manager about ways to refine and optimize them.
-Works collaboratively and effectively with IT to ensure that product and service applications and technologies are optimized for contract compliance, productivity, and quality performance.
-Ensures that all employees and contractors understand and comply with HIPAA and privacy laws while utilizing all Ascend applications and related software/technology.
-Completes quality reviews on Clinical Reviewer, Level I employees, as identified by manager, to ensure Division benchmarks are met.
-Conducts telephonic and document based utilization review that adheres to state directed clinical criteria for determining medical need.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- Ensure compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring non-exempt employees get the rest & meal breaks
- Comply with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
- A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks related to the unit or sub-unit.
- Generally supervises semi-skilled employees or a few individual professional contributors.
- Works on issues of limited scope.
- Follows established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Monitors daily operations of a unit or sub-unit.
- Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate employees and functional peer groups.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations concerning specific projects or schedules.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review.
- Directs subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed