The Data Analytics Manager coordinates and oversees the successful delivery of business intelligence information to the entire organization. The Data Analytics Manager is an experienced leader in BI and data science development and implementation, data architecture, data visualization and communication, ETL layers, and performance tuning. With an emphasis on effective collaboration with key stakeholders, the Data Analytics Manager owns responsibility for the assessment of business requirements, collection and identification of technical specifications, and the subsequent development of technical solutions. The Data Analytics Manager enforces a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and industry standards with an emphasis on MicroStrategy and Pentaho Data Integration as core development tools. The Data Analytics Manager has deep theoretical and practical knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities specific to data integration and analytics. The Data Analytics Manager is expected to apply independent judgment and initiative in carrying out and assigning tasks and will function as a lead and mentor to developers. In addition, the Data Analytics Manager facilitates collaboration with other analysis and development teams to create standards and best practices for BI and data science solutions.
Essential Job Duties
• Effectively lead and mentor teams of architects and engineers.
• Oversee development and application of a structured architectural approach and methodology that aligns with the key strategies of the organization to support BI and data science.
• Serve as a technical leader for the organization; mentor technical staff.
• Oversee development and maintenance of data integration solutions (including ETL design and architecture), semantic layer objects, presentation objects, reports, and dashboards for delivery of BI and data science solutions.
• Define, implement, refine, and enforce the BI and data science solution development methodology based on industry best practices.
• Develop technology specifications and ensure that any new technology solutions are optimal for meeting needs; leverage existing technologies when possible.
• Apply architectural and engineering concepts to implement a solution that meets operational requirements while maintaining sustainability objectives, including: scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability.
• Lead research and development efforts (proof of concept, prototype) when introducing new technologies.
• Ensure technology solutions are production ready and meet the defined specifications and that the solution can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources.
• Oversee ongoing support and maintenance of deployed BI and data science solutions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 3+ years as a technical lead and/or architect.
• 10+ years of related technical experience.
• 8+ years of experience in a technical role supporting BI and data science efforts. This should include application of knowledge in statistics, data wrangling, and data visualization & communication.
• 8+ years of experience in database development and tools. Ideally this includes: ETL, data modeling, complex queries, performance tuning, and stored procedures/functions.
• 5+ years of designing BI and data science solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry.
• 5+ years of experience in reporting and MicroStrategy (or a similar tool).
• 5+ years of experience Kettle/Pentaho Data Integration (or a similar ETL tool).
• 5+ years of application presentation layer experience, including data visualization and communication.
• Expert data skills, including complex queries, performance tuning, expertise in a variety of approaches (e.g., relational, dimensional, unstructured).
• Proven track record of successfully delivering large data-centric projects.
• Strong relationship management skills; able to interface effectively with all organizational levels: users, team members, and management.
• Flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
• The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
• A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business, with understanding of the roles of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
• Extensive experience planning and deploying business-driven technical initiatives.
• Experience using a high level language/framework (e.g. J2EE, .NET, etc.) to develop solutions. Experience with a statistical language (e.g., R) is beneficial.
• Strong skills in design and implementation of logical and physical approaches to managing and analyzing large volumes of data, with knowledge of best practices.
• Excellent development and testing skills (including test planning and execution).
• Ability to produce high quality documentation of business and system requirements, system design, data architecture, and training materials.
• Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations