MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to develop and/or maintain information technology (IT) and security-related documentation for our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) customer in New Carrollton MD. The candidate will serve as the primary point of contact and lead for all IT and security-related documentation being developed and/or maintained for the Information Technology Security Implementation (ITSI) program.
The candidate must be able to travel to the IRS facility in New Carrollton MD as needed.
• Work within the IRS’s Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC) to ensure all required documents are developed and maintained for all ITSI technologies being implemented.
• Provide editorial oversight of all ITSI artifacts to include security requirements, System Security Plan(s), IT Contingency Plan(s), Computer Operator Handbook(s), Interface Control Document(s), Audit Control Request(s), and other documentation as required by the ITSI program.
• Create and update ITSI-related diagrams.
• Develop data analytics documentation to address issues, management requests, IRS Processes and Assessments.
• Stay current on ITSI technologies/products.
• Track the ITSI-related documentation publication peer review process.
• Support all unclassified dissemination to ITSI team members.
• Support the ITSI program administrative records for analyzing workflow and efficiency.
• Provide security controls assessment/auditing support and evidence as required by other Cybersecurity or IRS organizations, to include TIGTA and GAO.
• Develop, maintain, and distribute the monthly ITSI status report.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
• 2+ years of experience in developing IT and security-related documentation such as system security plans, test plans, reports, IT manuals, standard operating procedures, etc.
• Proven ability to work on and with teams comprised of the primary client and other client stakeholders dispersed across geographical sites
• Demonstrated ability to translate technical information into clear, readable documents for technical and business users
• Experience using Microsoft Products such as Word and Powerpoint
• Excellent attention to detail capability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Preferred skills: Experience with and/or knowledge of NIST guidance; experience with reviewing/analyzing security-related requirements; experience with security-related technologies; visio
• Work is performed in a general office environment
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
• Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax compliant.