MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Sr. Manager of Programs oversees all aspects of daily operations for the department, including staffing, performance monitoring, quality assurance oversight, training, subcontractor management, auditing and compliance with internal and external requirements and clients.
•Organizes, manages and ensures compliance with all established processes and client requirements
•Manage direct reports and cost-effective operation of all project tasks
•Manage customer relationships and satisfaction and take timely and proactive action on priorities, issues and risks.
•Establish/manage SLAs to internal and external (direct) customers and oversee reporting on key/agreed upon indicators
•Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders accordingly to develop more efficient processes to improve throughput, compliance and customer experience.
•Manage subcontractors/vendors that provide services to programs
•Oversee the development and implementation of innovative methodologies to improve service levels and overall operational efficiency
•Manage the project's quality assurance and training programs as well as corrective actions to ensure compliance
•Develop solutions to issues or complex problems
•Develop performance goals and objectives for staff, and monitors achievement of those goals
•Perform other duties as may be assigned
Education & Experience
•Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required
•Seven (7) years related work experience required
•PMP certification preferred
•Strong client management skills
•Proven ability with operational analyses, processes and performance indicators
•Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
•Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
•Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed