This job requires High School Diploma or equivalent GED. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, with current Tennessee LPN license, in good standing.
• Minimum of two (2) years of medical experience with a strong understanding of rehabilitation potential, based on diagnosis, age, disease process and chronicity.
• 2 years of experience working with individuals with a mental health diagnosis and/or intellectual disability, with a primary focus on behavioral health. The incumbent performs document-based and telephonic utilization reviews for contracted services; screening for diagnosis or suspicion of serious mental illness and or intellectual disability, and medical necessity for short or long term nursing facility placement.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- High School Diploma with 0-2 years of experience
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsiblities easily learned on the job
- Acquires job skills and learns applicable policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
- Able to read, understand & perform assignments within prescribed guidelines
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal & external contacts
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed