MAXIMUS, a leading Government Program and Health Services company, specializes in delivering high-end quality enterprise solutions, integrated systems and value added consulting services to help federal, state and local health and human services government agencies better serve our people. With more than 30 years as an industry leader, and over 20,000 employees, including more than 300 offices throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia and Australia; serving every major city and county government agencies, we’re looking for talented and innovative thinkers.
The Health Segment of MAXIMUS assists state and local government agencies in operating full-service and specialized-service Enrollment Broker, State Childrens’ Health Insurance projects and State-based Health Benefit Exchanges. We offer the latest technology to assist state and local clients with call centers, outreach, eligibility determination, and enrollment services. We are currently seeking a qualified financial analyst to support all financial requirements associated with projects under the domestic Group Finance organization.
Role & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to deliver and/or oversee all financial aspects of these programs budget including the development and implementation of the annual operating plan, and other key leadership roles to develop process improvements in financial analysis and reporting. The successful candidate for this position reports to the Finance Director who oversees four regional divisions. Responsibilities include:
• Leadership role to manage, serve and oversee as liaison for all financial processes related to designated contract portfolios, including all cost allocations, revenue and billing reconciliations.
• Managing the processes for financial budgeting, forecasting and all required financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, while performing variance analysis between forecast and actuals.
• Ensure effectiveness, accuracy and timeliness of forecasting, reporting, accruals, collections, and other financially related processes and systems on a weekly and monthly basis;
• Provide direct financial analysis and support of the sales pipeline / new work projections.
• Ensure designated contracts comply with all SOX controls.
• Support process improvements in financial analysis, annual operating plan development, and forecasting, as well as consolidating, analyzing, reviewing and reporting on all financial matters;
• Demonstrated hands-on work experience and knowledge to forecast, budget, report, analyze data and ability to enhance ongoing financial processes while working well with others;
• Must possess strong proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word (CostPoint and Cognos Reporting / TM1 a plus)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and present to executive management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment delivering results and quality services;
• Demonstrated experience to execute multiple tasks simultaneously working in a team or independently
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics or related field of study;
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience required including private sector experience;
• Strong organizational, verbal, written, analytical, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills required;