Job Description Summary:
The MAXIMUS Internship program for Finance and Accounting majors prepares interns for the opportunity to be selected for the full-time MAXIMUS Financial Rotational Program. The Rotation Program is a development program for recent college graduates designed to develop high caliber individuals into future leaders who will make an impact within the company. Interns will gain an understanding of the broad scope of MAXIMUS through an internship in one of the following departments: Accounting, Business Segment Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Tax, Accounting Systems, Pricing or Corporate Finance.
Prepares account reconciliations and various analyses supporting month end/quarter end financials
• Prepares timely and accurate financial reports supporting operational finance
• Ensures contract compliance on all activities
• Assists with SEC reporting and internal audit
• Build and maintain working relationships with operating and other finance groups and provide them with subject matter expertise assistance
• Assist with special projects as required
• Assist with coordination of information flow with both internal and external auditors
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
• Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment delivering results and quality services
• Demonstrated experience to execute multiple tasks simultaneously working in a team or independently
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- High School Diploma with 0-2 years of experience
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job
- Acquires job skills and learns applicable policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
- Able to read, understand & perform assignments within prescribed guidelines
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal & external contacts
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed