MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia. The Company delivers business process services to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support programs around the globe. The Company’s primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. Operating under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, MAXIMUS has more than 16,000 employees worldwide.
The Senior IT Project Manager will provide project management oversight of technology projects. This may be a self-contained project, or a large team within a more complex program. This position will defined, implement, and manage scope, schedule, and resources so that all project milestones are delivered according to plan. The senior manager will utilize best practices in project management to achieve project goals, manage risks and to successfully complete all planned activities.
• Responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for a moderately complex technical program
• Performs all project management functions; including work breakdown and cost estimation, scheduling, monitoring and tracking of technical progress against the defined timetables and budgets, and staff assignment and development.
• Manages project expectations, evaluates project needs, and communicates with stakeholders to ensure that program needs are met with respect to urgency and priority. Develops trust, credibility, and strong client relationships; seeks opportunities to add value to internal and external client initiatives.
• Supervises and manages staff assigned to the project, assigns and directs their activities.
• Reviews all project deliverables to ensure quality and accuracy meet project, stakeholder, and contractual standards.
• Serves as the point of contact and client interface for project technology related issues.
• Manages activities of subcontractors utilized to deliver the technical solution.
• Defines and implements development plans for assigned projects in order to ensure staff is knowledgeable on the applications and technologies in use on the project and that project team understands and follows processes and procedures.
• Provides detailed direction during various stages of the lifecycle to include requirements analysis, testing and potentially programming support.
• Identifies and assesses new functional capabilities supporting engineering change proposals and additional follow on work.
• Identifies, tracks, manages, and communicates risks and issues with stakeholders and upper management.
• Ensures that all appropriate costs are included in quarterly forecasts.
• Ensures that MAXIMUS is in compliance with all applicable requirements of the contact, state and federal regulations, and the terms and conditions of the RFP and proposal.
• Coordinates, prepares and manages technical presentations and functional demonstrations to internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures the project is in compliance with MAXIMUS standards and procedures.
• Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
• Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
• Performs other duties as necessary and assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; preferred field of study includes Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• 7+ years of direct IT related experience working on complex, enterprise-wide software solutions
• 4-7 years of related experience in a PM/leadership role
• Experience in development and implementation of IT applications to support complex business processes focused on customer/client identification, outreach, and education, service delivery, and ongoing relationship management.
• Experience deploying IT solutions in operating environments that include call center and/or contact center, web portal (information, self-service, web chat, etc.), inbound and outbound mail operations, document and workflow management and financial management (e.g. premiums, cost sharing, etc.).
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills, as well as an understanding of client relationship building are essential.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• High degree of confidence and ability to influence others through expert communication skills.
• Experience managing IT budgets and resources.
• Experience successfully developing and deploying IT solutions using various development methodologies (e.g. waterfall, iterative, etc.).
• Skilled in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with project management tools and software, such as MS Project or JIRA.
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast=paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• Ability to execute many complex tasks simultaneously, and work as a team member as well as independently.
• Working knowledge of IVR, Oracle 11g, Oracle Siebel, OBIEE, J2EE, Web Technologies, Webservices, XML, or Deployment Management experience
• Integration Project Management experience
• Relevant industry experience to include government services, healthcare, and/or insurance
• Proficiency with state healthcare programs (e.g. Medicaid, CHIP) and related functions (e.g. enrollment, management, eligibility determination)
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
• Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)