MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The U.S. Census Bureau is the largest statistical agency of the United States Government, providing timely data on the nation's population and economy. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy.
The 2020 CQA program is the functional group at the Census Bureau that interfaces with citizens over the phone and other communications channels to assist them in responding to and completing 2020 Census Forms.
MAXIMUS Federal Services (MFS) is seeking a CQA Technical Editor to join our 2020 CQA Human Capital team. As a CQA Technical Editor- responsible for Researching, preparing and editing technical documents. As well as work in partnerships within 2020 CQA Human Capital Team.
1. Researches, prepares and edits technical documents for publication, including user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
2. Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
3. Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
4. Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
5. Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
6. Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline. 2-5 years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation. Knowledge of the principles and practices involved in technical research, writing and editing. Knowledge of and ability to uses various word-processing and desktop publishing software applications. Knowledge of the organization’s products and services, customer requirements, purpose and structure of required documentation, and end user’s level of understanding. Effective communications skills.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• In accordance with contractual requirements: Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.