MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The U.S. Census Bureau is the largest statistical agency of the United States Government, providing timely data on the nation's population and economy. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy.
The 2020 CQA program is the functional group at the Census Bureau that interfaces with citizens over the phone and other communications channels to assist them in responding to and completing 2020 Census Forms.
MAXIMUS Federal Services (MFS) is seeking a Suitability Clerk to join our 2020 CQA Human Capital team. As a Suitability Clerk- responsible for managing the suitability and background clearances processes for all new staff, as well as work in partnerships within 2020 CQA Human Capital Team.
• Maintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the day- to-day activities of the supervisor and staff
• Perform various clerical and secretarial duties
• Ensure all candidates have the proper forms and supporting documentation to ensure quick, accurate and seamless application workflow
• Check background reports on all applicants daily until cleared
• Contact applicants via phone, email or SMS at various points in the hiring process
• Assist HR in miscellaneous tasks related to the hiring process while adhering to all hiring practices and guidelines
• Identify and report any trends or roadblocks in the hiring process
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Associate’s Degree required
• Minimum two (2) years of related work experience required
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• In accordance with contractual requirements: Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
Background Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
• Understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office
• Must be detailed oriented
• Ability to work fairly independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed