Job Description Summary
The Customer Support Representative (CSR) is responsible for interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about programs and services in a contact center.
• Responds to callers' inquires and needs in accordance with all Department and Ascend performance standards, policies and procedures, and protocols.
• Facilitates the fulfillment of caller requests for information.
• Responds to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
• Utilizes systems and technology to document and manage each individual call.
• Manages and routes incoming faxes and email.
• Manage print fulfillment of all required notifications.
• Completes other job duties as assigned or necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Perform all job duties in compliance with Person First standards, HIPAA guidelines, and company confidentiality policies and procedures
• Excellent data entry and telephonic skills
• Experience with computers, phone systems, and headsets
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to multitask effectively while performing job duties, including ability to prioritize tasks and ensuring all voice mail and email messages are returned within contract standards
• Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact professionally and collegially with referral sources (hospital & nursing home staff, physicians, social service workers, etc.), state contract officers, and coworkers
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Intermediate skill with word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel preferred)
The job requires a high school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The job requires at least one (1) year of experience in call center experience or similar customer service role. Experience in a health and human services call center setting preferred.
- High School Diploma with 0-1 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone, recording consistent problem areas.
- May respond to email inquiries.
- Customer service is the primary function.
- Calls are basis and routine.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal and external contacts.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed