Conduct on-site assessments for individuals with medical conditions or cognitive impairments living in private residence or assisted living and requesting in-home personal care services to assist with activities of daily living. Assessments include review of records, individual interview, interview of significant caregiver and/or family members, obtaining key copies of medical records, and completing required assessment and summary reports.
• Responsible for conducting on-site assessments for individuals with medical conditions and/or cognitive impairments which impact their participation in daily living activities. Assessments include individual interview, interview of significant caregiver and/or family members, functional assessment, obtaining key copies of medical records, and completing required assessment and summary reports
• Responsible for completing and submitting on-site assessments within the respective timeline specified by Ascend, adhering to quality benchmarks and contractual specifications, utilizing computer database system
• Must work within a tight turnaround time assuring contract compliance
• Completes other job duties as assigned or necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Perform all job duties in compliance with Person First standards, HIPAA guidelines, and company confidentiality policies and procedures
• Self-directed in setting work priorities, timelines, and goal setting
• Ability to multitask effectively while performing job duties, including ability to prioritize tasks and ensuring all voice mail and email messages are returned within contract standards
• Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact professionally and collegially with referral sources (hospital & nursing home staff, physicians, social service workers, etc.), state contract officers, and coworkers
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Intermediate skill with word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel preferred)
The job requires a North Carolina-licensed Master’s Level Social Worker, Psych Registered Nurse, or other mental health (MH) and/or intellectual/developmental disability (IDD) professional with similar training/experience.
The job requires at least four (4) years of experience in health care and/or social science discipline, including experience working with individuals with MH and/or IDD.