Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
The Account Executive is a field sales role responsible for both direct client contract value retention as well as growth through contract expansion and the introduction of new products and services. The territory for this role includes . This role will partner with the line of business P/L owners in the regions to identify joint sales / growth goals for the accounts and will have joint accountability. This role will own the business consultant and lobbyist relationships in the territory providing strategic direction and management. The Account Executive is accountable for all opportunities in their territory and is responsible for opportunity identification and maturity through the sales cycle. The individual in this role must have broad knowledge around the MAXIMUS products and services but is expected to partner with market practice leads to drive post identification of opportunities to closure. This role is responsible for all sales in a territory but special emphasis will be placed on net new sales. This role is expected to have direct and verifiable contacts at the state level including but not limited to the Agency, the Governor’s Office and / or the Legislature.
Essential Job Duties:
• Must have existing and actionable relationships in
• Must be an expert in health and human services in
• Must manage the relationships with MAXIMUS business consultants in the region.
• Must create a State account plan that realizes revenue for FY19, 20 and 21
• Conduct opportunity pursuit in health and human services markets
• Carry out business development to qualify opportunities
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify, verify, qualify and deliver revenue generating deals
• Collaborate with practice leads and solution experts to close sales
• Make bid/no bid recommendations based on field level intelligence
• Prospect and pressure test new market ideas with client base
• Determine value propositions, win themes, and key differentiators that matter to the buyer
• Consultative sales model experience
• Ability to achieve profitability goals and objectives of the organization
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Knowledge of state government procurement practices
• Extensive knowledge of state government health programs, health insurance, Medicaid in the region
• Extensive experience conducting business development activities in state government and health sector
• Knowledge of solutions that state government purchases
• At least 7 years of relevant experience
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Proven experience developing opportunities
• Proven ability to manage business consultant
• Experience with legislative actions
• Consultative account manager and seller who develops deep relationships and adds value to the client’s business over the long term
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of BPO sales and relationship management
• Strong leadership skills, self-motivated individual contributor who is able to execute to outcomes with limited supervision
• Team player who has ability to partner with delivery organizations
• Aggressive seller able to forge relationships with key government contacts to shape the procurement
• Experience in new market / new logo business development
• Skilled at account strategy, account planning and relationship management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of qualified leads in the State & Local Government and Education through existing relationships, cold calling, attending industry trade shows, working with business partners, and providing product demonstrations.
- Develop and maintain detailed and updated capture strategies for each target account to ensure that the appropriate resources can be available and assist in the preparation of accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Aggressively work the pipeline to consistently meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue and/or sales (order- based) quotas.
- Develop winning sales strategies and work in a team- oriented selling environment that includes delivery, business consultants, subject matter experts, and management.
- Develop and deliver client-facing presentations.
- Write effectively and work as a key part of the proposal development team, including anticipating how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of MAXIMUS offerings and services.
- Execute goals and strategies within assigned sales area.
- Structure and implement sales close plans within the context of established opportunities.
- Initiate new or revised sales procedures, programs and initiatives as required.
- Establish and maintain the best possible long-term relationship with each prospect and customer so as to maximize future revenue opportunities.
- Included are meaningful business relationships with "C" level government executives.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; master's degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum five years experience in a management position in a health or human services related field.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- The ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Excellent people management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects.
- Computer literate.
- Preferred qualifications include proven ability establishing and maintaining relationships with community groups, including stakeholder and advocacy organizations.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed