Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
The Provider Enrollment & Credentialing Trainer is a critical position in providing coaching and training to Provider Service staff. This position will be responsible for training all new PEC, revalidation and provider outreach staff. Additionally, this position will monitor individual staff’s quality scores and initiate one-on-one coaching.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Prepare instructional programs in accordance with training or other course requirements and assemble materials to be presented
• Teach assigned topics in accordance with approved curriculum
• Develop and maintain classroom techniques that reflect professionalism and good discipline
• Incorporate new curriculum in the teaching process
• Schedule training sessions ensuring facility setup, audiovisual setup, and employee notification
• Compile and analyze training evaluations to make recommendations for continuous improvement
• Provide supervision to employees as needed in the absence of supervisors
• Deliver staff training on a regular and ongoing basis covering topics such as: MMIS overview, navigating MassServe, revalidation requirements and processes, credentialing and enrollment processes, program highlights and policy changes, forms and documents, and provider outreach requirements
• Monitor and communicate the weekly quality scores to staff and initiate coaching opportunities based on these results and trends
• Ensure that Provider Services staff are provided with up-to-date knowledge of all applicable programs associated with their respective areas
• Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
• Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of people
• Ability to motivate and inspire audience to engage in subject material
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Knowledge of and experience with the MassHealth provider community and systems. Broad knowledge and understanding of MassHealth provider credentialing standards and requirements
• Proven ability to train and coach staff based on detailed operational processes
- High School Diploma with 0-2 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
- Acquires job skills and learns applicable policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Able to read, understand & perform assignments within prescribed guidelines.
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal & external contacts.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed