MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
Provides staff oversight and direction for the Continuous Process Improvement (CSI) quality function in a contact center operation environment for a large government program. The Sr. Quality Manager will be managing quality and continuous improvement process initiatives directing staff defined by both regional areas and the Operations Command Center which consist of Quality Managers, Process Improvement Administrator, System Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Quality Analyst. This role is responsible for leadership of staff to follow process and procedures and achieve overall performance contractual service metrics.
Essential Job Duties
1. Responsible for managing all projects, tasks, processes and tools associated with the CSI division to include Data and Service Quality and Data Analytics function, with oversight from the CSI Director. Ensures that timely and frequent communication of activities is reported to the CSI Management team.
2. Assists with the development, maintenance and execution of the quality plan for CSI operations, including Standard Operating Procedures, contact center quality/compliance standards, monitoring and evaluation practices, performance metric assessment and analyses, and continual improvement actions.
3. Responsible for goal setting and leading the team to achieve client performance targets including service level agreements and monthly key performance indicators.
4. Provide strategic management of CSI work products completions by establishing roles, directing resource task allocation, work standards, performance objectives, client reporting and enforcement through regular oversight. Ensures understanding of tasks assigned, accuracy and timeliness of meeting work product deliverables.
5. Manages CSI staff recruiting, on/off-boarding and orientation initiatives working collaboratively with program recruitment/staffing, Human Capital, IT and Training. Ensures that team members have appropriate tools and system access to perform work.
6. Works collaboratively with integrated product teams including Training, Operations, Technology, Reporting and Workforce Management to ensure CSI representation to execute program requirements.
7. Represents the CSI function to the government client, as the subject matter expert serving as a point of contact for quality inquiries and client presentations.
8. Directs overall operational effectiveness to include management tools, facilitation of team meetings, program announcements, tasks management and team development and trainings.
9. Ensures back up of CSI managerial processes are completed as directed; provides aid to CSI Director on 1200 initiatives and planning; proactively provides input and value add as identified.
10. Implements and directs CSI initiatives and special projects as directed by the CSI Director to the CSI team working with PMO quality managers and all staff as necessary.
11. Analyzes performance trends, identify mitigation steps as needed and reports to CSI Director the proposed plan of proactive action steps to prevent service shortcomings in advance.
12. Responsible for CSI governing documents, manages the updating, maintaining and SharePoint storage.
13. Adheres to and ensures staff is following company and CSI Team Policies and Procedures to include timesheet compliance, goal review/performance and mandatory training.
14. Coaches direct reports regularly to provide performance feedback; maintains Employee Performance Record (EPR) to document performance progress and issues. Conducts performance reviews for direct reports.
15. Manages workload assignment and participates in special projects as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
2. 10-20 years of related experience managing multiple levels of staff, contact center monitoring processes, quality assurance/audit practices, continuous process improvement and client relations
3. Quality Management and/or Continuous Process Improvement certification preferred.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of contact center quality assurance, data integrity compliance, continuous improvement and data analytics concepts, procedures, and processes.
5. Experience with government contracts preferred.
6. Minimum of ten years management experience and skills in providing oversight of in-office and remote staff in a multi-tiered department structure.
7. Demonstrated organizational, teamwork, customer and client service skills.
8. Effective oral and written communication skills, to include presentation skills with senior level personnel and/or government representatives.
9. Proficiency with MS Office Products: MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.
10. Minimum of five years’ experience with Contact Recording Systems such as TTEC or Genesys.
11. Experience in drafting quality documents, maintaining SOPs and/or process manuals and program performance reports for a quality organization.
12. Ability to analyze high-level results, research trends and determine root cause of performance trends.
13. Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
14. Ability to lead strategic planning and prioritize and complete tasks within established contractual service levels requirements.
15. Must have demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
16. Experience with incorporating a project management tool for task completion.
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.