Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
The Proposal Writer independently creates compelling content to support business development opportunities. In doing so, the proposal writer will independently solicit feedback from subject matter experts, the capture team, and internal stakeholders.
Manage responsibilities for preparing concise, compelling proposal writing that meets proposal requirements, supports ease of evaluation, and effectively conveys strategy and messaging themes. Additional responsibilities include supporting the creation of a content library and editing, as needed.
The Proposal Writer is expected to execute responsibilities independently with oversight of writing product and content creation as needed. Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. Work requires considerable judgment and initiative. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Completes understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Understands implication of work and provides recommendations for solutions. Communicates on challenging or escalated issues.
• May instruct or coach other professionals. Works under general direction. Participates in determining objectives of
• Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Final product is reviewed for adequacy in
• Research proposal materials (RFP, RFI), client intelligence, competitive intelligence.
• Interview technical experts and operation resources.
• Develop concise, compelling, credible proposal narratives.
• Contribute to creation and maintenance of a content library.
• Collaborate with graphics designers to identify opportunities for clean, compelling graphics.
• Perform peer review and/or color team review editing assignments.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience; Advanced degree or professional designation preferred.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed