The Customer Service Representative (CSR) trainee is provided with up to a twelve-week period where they will actively participate in the standard training program that includes both classroom, practice work and actual work under the guidance of a supervisor. As trainees they will learn how to interact with customers, how to provide information in response to inquiries about programs and services in a contact center, how to use the key systems and tools necessary to perform the key functions of the job. Upon completion of the training period the CSR is able to perform the required duties and successfully join the production floor
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Attend the required training programs
• Demonstrate through the activities that include role plays, tests, and demonstration, an understanding of the policies and protocols necessary to complete the core job functions
• Under the supervision of the training staff, interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about programs and services in a contact center.
• Under the supervision of the training staff, respond to Health Plan and Provider inquiries received by telephone.
• Record customer interactions and transactions, by documenting details of inquiries, complaints, comments, and actions taken.
• Follow standard operating procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• With the assistance of the training staff, address customer inquiries and resolve problems to ensure that appropriate changes are made.
• Communicate with supervisor regarding any potential needs or concerns.
• Perform data entry accurately.
• High school diploma or GED. One to two years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of diploma.
• Associate degree
• High School Diploma with 0-1 years of experience.
• May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
• Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone, recording consistent problem areas.
• May respond to email inquiries.
• Customer service is the primary function.
• Calls are basis and routine.
• Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
• May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff.
• Work on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
• Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal and external contacts.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
• Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Work is constantly performed in an office environment