Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
At MAXIMUS, we are growing our digital solutions team to better serve our organization and our clients in the government, health, and human services spaces. We believe that great outcomes define our success. We like to turn bold ideas into delightful solutions. We use methodology grounded in design thinking, lean, and agile to help solve complicated problems in a cost effective, rapid, and precise manor.
As a part of our digital solutions organization, the Full Stack Development Manager will be responsible for building and leading an organization that will contain practitioners that cover all aspects of web and mobile development including development, devops, qa, and other functions. This ideal candidate for this role is extremely hands on, demonstrates technical excellence, solid engineering principles, and exhibits strong people development skills.
In this role, the ideal candidate would be well-versed in the technical design, development, and delivery of custom web and mobile applications, and have a thorough understanding of standard DevOps processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer Comp Science or Engineering. Master’s degree a plus but not required.
- Minimum of (10) years experience in technology / digital fields
- Minimum of (5) years in a consulting or digital agency environment required
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a management position in the field
- Experience in the following, with expert level experience in at least 3: Headless architecture, Responsive Web Applications, Native Mobile Apps, REST APIs, DevOps, cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience with DevSecOps methods and tools
- Demonstrated experience with Agile delivery methodology managing a team of 5-10 software engineers
- Experience working with a distributed team (on/off shore)
- Experience with Vendor Management
- Proven P&L responsibilities
- Experience working in a mixed environment of FTEs and Vendors
- Domain knowledge of health care, call center, or public sector preferred but not required.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses and industries, and ability to quickly grasp and make effective use of industry- and company-specific terminology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and leadership
- Ability to summarize and convey information to stakeholders and sponsors
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to influence others both within and outside of immediate team to achieve results
- Travel: Ability to travel as required up to 20%. Given the dynamic nature of the team and the need to be responsive to our customers’ needs, some travel may be coordinated on short notice.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed