Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
At MAXIMUS, we are growing our digital solutions team to better serve our organization and our clients in the government, health, and human services spaces. We believe that great outcomes define our success. We like to turn bold ideas into delightful solutions. We use methodology grounded in design thinking, lean, and agile to help solve complicated problems in a cost effective, rapid, and precise manor.
As a part of our digital solutions organization, the Senior Full Stack Developer will work on a fully dedicated, cross-functional, team given the autonomy required to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within the context of client journeys. The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner.
Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong organizational skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. At every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and help mentor more junior members of the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer Comp Science or Engineering. Master’s degree a plus but not required.
- Minimum of (5) years experience developing web and/or native mobile software
- Experienced in the following, with expert level experience in at least 1: Headless architecture, Responsive Web Applications, Native Mobile Apps, REST APIs.
- At least 3 years of experience working with at least one mobile platform (iOS or Android)
- At least 2 years of experience working an agile, preferably SAFe, environment.
- Have experienced with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Write clean, maintainable code, and read and review code created by others.
- Experience with software engineering tools, such as Eclipse, WebStorm, Git, and others.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile delivery methodology
- Experience working with a distributed team (on/off shore)
- Experience working in a mixed environment of employees and vendors
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Be highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Domain knowledge of health care, call center, or public sector preferred but not required.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses and industries, and ability to quickly grasp and make effective use of industry- and company-specific terminology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and leadership
- Ability to summarize and convey information to stakeholders and sponsors
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to influence others both within and outside of immediate team to achieve results
- Mentor junior team members to develop leadership skills positively impact the effectiveness of the team.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed