MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The CQA Senior Instructor (Lead Trainer) is responsible for delivery of new hire training and ongoing training of contact center staff at a United States Census Bureau (USCB) Census Questionnaire Assistance (CQA) contact-center site. Further, the Senior Instructor (Lead Trainer) ensures that Trainers have the support they need to deliver the CQA program curricula. In addition, the Senior Instructor will serve as the site Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Adobe Connect. This includes training Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) as well as Supervisors, Lead CSRs, Quality Assurance staff, and Workforce Management staff. A Senior Instructor must be knowledgeable in all areas of the contact center and be well versed in training content in order to successfully train CQA staff on job tasks, as well as corporate policies and procedures. Senior Instructors are responsible for the learning environment while in the site classroom or virtual classroom. Senior Instructors will support a group of approximately seven Trainers (depending upon contact center size), ensuring that they have the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and tools to excel in their job. The Senior Instructor will report to the Site Training Manager. Senior Instructors may be asked to complete special projects assigned by the Site Training Manager.
Essential Job Duties
• Successfully complete all required Train-the-Trainer curricula
• Facilitate virtual-instructor led training (VILT) classes for CQA staff, using Adobe Connect
• Ensure site classrooms are well stocked and that all equipment is in working order
• Serve as the site Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Adobe Connect
• Assist in the reproduction and destruction of training materials
• Conduct VILT for CSRs, Supervisors, Team Leads, Quality Assurance staff, and Workforce Management staff
• Supervise and report on progress of trainees during training period. Identify performance issues, provide corrective action, and suggest termination for CSRs not meeting performance criteria in the training classroom
• Provide follow-up coaching about job performance and quality assurance to new employees after training; coach new hires to improve performance and improve retention
• Apply knowledge of the CQA Training Program and Quality Call Monitoring guidelines.
• Support a small group of Trainers to ensure they are fully equipped to deliver the CQA program. Observe virtual and classroom training sessions; provide assistance, as required. Bring Trainer performance issues to the attention of the Site Training Manager.
• Take calls and act as roaming Supervisor during All-Hands situations. May be required to act as a Supervisor or Quality Assurance Monitor during peak performance times
• Foster open communication with Supervisory and Quality Assurance team and actively strive to develop strong working relationships with all contact center personnel
• Attend conference calls and meetings, as needed
• Regular and punctual attendance is required
• Ability to work nights, holidays, and weekends in order to meet training needs
• Performs other job-related duties, as assigned or required
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate’s Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience
• 3-5 years of directly related experience in course instruction
• Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in person, or through written correspondence
• Excellent classroom training delivery skills
• Demonstrated success with problem solving and organizational skills
• Customer service/contact center experience preferred
• Adobe Connect or other Virtual Training experience strongly preferred
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule
• Adapts well to frequent change
• Ability to work collaboratively with a training team and other functional areas
• Ability to provide constructive coaching and feedback in a training environment
• High level of initiative and enthusiasm about training and employee development
• Professional demeanor and attitude
• PC skills required, including MS products (such as SharePoint, Excel, and Word)
• Excellent communications skills, with ability to present ideas to management and peers
• English / Spanish bilingual skills desirable, but not necessary
In accordance with contractual requirements: Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Residency requirement: Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.