Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries received by telephone, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), or web based portal regarding information on programs and services.
- Record customer interactions and transactions, by documenting details of inquiries, complaints, comments, and actions taken.
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Address customer inquiries and resolve problems to ensure that appropriate changes are made.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any potential needs or concerns.
- Perform data entry accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or Associate degree, with 1.5 - 4 years of experience, plus additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Assist supervisor/manager with the management of daily activities over a group of agents that handle customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone and sometimes email.
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced team members and provides coaching on how to handle more complex inquiries.
- Recognize and recommend areas needing improvement.
- May assist in scheduling and coordinating team activities.
- May provide input into hiring decisions and performance appraisals, but does not necessarily make hiring decisions or conduct performance appraisals.
- Work on a variety of assignments requiring considerable judgement and initiative.
- Able to draft or modify training materials and procedural documentation accurately.
- Skilled in handling challenging communications with external contacts for escalated matters.