Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage overall operations and performance of assigned contracts including P&L, quality and compliance with all terms and conditions along with preparing and analyzing regular performance reports.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship for assigned contracts ensuring effective and efficient communication along with addressing and resolving customer complaints.
- Build a strong management team and direct assigned staff to ensure the completion of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Align objectives, measure results, conduct developmental discussion and complete performance reviews.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to assigned employees, including setting goals, monitoring work performance, coaching and evaluating results to ensure that objectives are met.
- Manage continual process improvement by monitoring, refining, and optimizing workflow and processes with the goal of continuously improving overall effectiveness (efficiency, productivity, and quality).
- Create an entrepreneurial work environment by involvement in developing and hiring superior talent and instilling a culture of accountability, measurability, and discipline without undue bureaucracy.
- Interpret policies, procedures, and goals of the company for subordinates.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the operational budget related to assigned contracts.
- Maintain primary responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction, resolving compliance issues, and accountability for profit & loss with assigned contracts and lines of business.
- Act as the primary point of contact for government officials and other outside contacts for the assigned contract.
- Provide guidance, direction and development for Operations directors and managers.
- Create an environment for high workforce engagement.
- Coach, set expectations, conduct performance appraisals and provide career development, succession planning, corrective action and recognition for assigned staff.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Report to Senior Director or VP level.
Education and Experience Requirements
•Bachelor’s Degree in program management, business or public administration, technical management, information systems, engineering, finance, accounting or a related field.
•At least six (6) years of project management experience; at least three (3) years experience managing government contracts
•Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience preferred
•PMP certification preferred
Ideal candidate will have experience with DHS, USCIS, and records management.