Essential Job Responsibilities:
The candidate will coordinate and work with Business Leaders in formulating growth strategies, acquisition criteria, and coordinate with functional support areas (finance, HR, IT, legal etc.) during the due diligence cycle.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Development will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development. The position would be focused on MAXIMUS’ core businesses and adjacent markets, in industries such as government services (Federal, state, local, foreign), healthcare, BPO, and other emerging technology areas. The candidate would work closely with the Business Leaders, the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel and other members of the MAXIMUS Executive Committee.
- Approximately three years of prior work experience in M&A due diligence at a top transaction services accounting firm, or related advisory
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required, preferred field of study in Finance or Accounting
- Understanding, familiarity, or demonstrated interest in government services, business process outsourcing, healthcare markets, or new technology applications (such as social media, data analytics, mobility, and cloud)
- A passion for analytical finance
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and work-ethic
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent communications skills and team-work orientation
- Ability to work on several assignments concurrently within a fast-paced environment
- High standards of ethical behavior
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to make a material difference in peoples’ lives, especially the clients and populations that MAXIMUS serves.