We are seeking a Project Financial/Control Specialist to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client in New Carrollton MD.
The Project Financial/Control Specialist will support multiple IRS contracts in complying with all processes and procedures to monitor and track the financial health of the projects. The Project Control Specialist will also provide project support activities as needed to meet customer and project requirements.
The selected candidate can work primarily remotely in the DC metro area, and must be able to work periodically at the IRS facility in New Carrollton, MD and the MAXIMUS Federal office in Falls Church, VA.
• Work with the Company financial applications and processes.
• Assemble data for trending and forecasting.
• Work with the Project Manager (PM) to track and forecast financial performance on project including primary and subcontract commitment and expenditures to ensure conformance to budgetary limits.
• Support the PM in day-to-day business operations functions. This includes Project Control activities (CPFF, T&M and FFP projects), Subcontractor management, Accounting labor/ODC adjustments, client and vendor invoice reconciliation to job cost data, and project plan management. Develop and track project spend plans, budget execution status reports, and perform variance analyses.
• Responsible for profit center financial management including: financial forecasts (revenue, labor, ODC and direct material estimates) for fiscal month, quarter & year; monthly analysis of revenue and profit; and calculation of gross and net contribution and other financial measures and ratios.
• Assist in the development of Basis of Estimates for price proposals.
• Support the PM with on-boarding activities for new staff to include: collecting, processing and tracking IRS specific forms for laptop and badge, security training, etc.
• Support the Project Manager and team with the preparation of presentations (such as PMRs), status reports, meeting minutes, project metrics, monthly and quarterly client deliverables, ad hoc customer reports, and various project documentation as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
• At least two (2) years of related experience
• Experience with an automated job cost accounting system
• Experience tracking financials for CPFF, T&M and FFP Federal contracts
• Experience with financial forecasts and revenue/profit analysis, budget development and general contract administration
• Experience with MS Office Suite to include Excel (proficient level), PowerPoint (proficient level), Word (proficient level)
• The ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
• The ability to work independently to complete tasks on time and within budget
• The ability to work with a geographically disperse team
• Excellent listening skills
• The ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse groups at all levels of organizations.
• Excellent attention to detail capability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong communication skills and able to work across organizations
• Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
• Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
• IRS project experience
• Costpoint Cognos Reports
• Work is performed in a general office environment
Additional Requirements, as per Contract/Client:
• Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
• Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and be Federal Tax compliant