Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary:
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to deliver and/or oversee pricing aspects of proposal submission in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs.) The successful candidate for this position reports to the Director of Pricing but will work very closely with other teams including Business Development, Proposal Operations, PMO, HR, Operations, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide Strategic and Tactical Pricing Support for specific proposals
• Conduct price to win, indirect rate impact, and risk analysis among other ad hoc analysis
• Provide ongoing pricing support for current clients as arise
• Ensure that pricing and proposals comply with Procurement requirements
• Ensure proposals comply with internal MAXIMUS policies
• Provide Regular Pricing Status to the Pricing Director and Capture Management
• Present pricing strategy, analysis and recommendation to Senior Management through MAXIMUS review and approval processes
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics or related field of study required
• 4-7 years of related work experience in pricing or corporate finance required
• Strong organizational, verbal, written, analytical, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills required
• Demonstrated hands-on work experience and knowledge of pricing, including reading and reviewing RFPs
• Must possess strong proficiency with MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
• Ability to do hands-on analysis at micro-level, while presenting findings at high-level
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and present to executive management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment delivering results and quality services
• Demonstrated experience to execute multiple tasks simultaneously working in a team or independently
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all project finance functions in accordance with company policy and manuals.
- Coordinate with Project Management to develop operational productivity analysis and tracking of metrics to identify where cost efficiencies can be achieved.
- Develop and manage project status reporting for Project Management, using CostPoint and Cognos reports as well as Excel.
- Review contract modifications, maintain financial contract files and prepares reports, documentation and presentations as appropriate.
- Prepare and/or review Project financial forecasts with Project Management and Division finance and works closely to track performance and provides timely variance and Risk and Opportunity analysis.
- Prepare client invoices in conformance with MAXIMUS policy and client requirement to ensure projects are billed accurately and timely.
- Manage Direct Sales Outstanding by expediting collections and keeping unbilled as low as possible.
- Perform monthly reconciliation on accrued expenses to ensure completeness of project reporting as well as adherence to GAAP.
- Prepare and/or monitor vendor & expense report transaction processing to ensure expenses are coded correctly.
- Review time-charges and practices to ensure project staff and shared resources are reporting time accurately and against appropriate projects.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting for financial and business planning.
- Prepare routine and ad-hoc financial reports and analysis using MAXIMUS proprietary tools, Enterprise solutions and Excel - Lead cooperative effort among members of a team.
- Provide ongoing supervision to assigned staff.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving issues, problems and concerns.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and also recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures.
- Interact with different levels of external and internal customers.
- Complete daily and weekly reports.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all corporate information.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interact with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed