The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the facilitation and preparation of all planning activities and artifacts for all assigned initiatives. The Senior Project Manager will ensure that risk and issue plans are in place, manage to address all known risks, and communicate risks and their status to senior leadership. They will provide leadership for the project team to ensure that the project is delivered to specifications, on time and within budget. This role will provide leadership for continuous improvement initiatives and support as assigned.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create project scope statements
- Conduct and document a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) session to identify specific project deliverables
- Ensure business requirements and tasks are identified to create a detailed MS Project schedule.
- Develop and monitor risk plans to ensure mitigation strategies are in place and being executed.
- Prepare and deliver project status reports to stakeholders
- Implement solutions to improve or enhance processes and services provided to our customers
- Lead Continuous Improvement teams
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
- Monitor and facilitate the tracking and resolution of issues impacting the project.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Background & Experience Required:
- 7 years of related experience
- 5 years of leadership/management experience
- PMP certification highly preferred
- Experience in Health Care/Business Administration or related field highly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office products (especially Project).
- Strong skills in critical thinking, interpersonal interactions (negotiation, conflict management, consulting and mentoring), team facilitation/leadership, and presentation/public speaking.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under time constraints.
- Proactive, analytical, and process driven, with a strong focus on meeting deliverables and business requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment, as well as independently, and possess a strong sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Experience in managing major large corporate initiatives.