Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
MAXIMUS is seeking a RedHat Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in Falls Church, VA. This position will install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems.
●Performs as a senior member of the system administration team to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of IT systems and components to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements.
●Has knowledge of tools and mechanisms for distributing new and upgraded software to ensure customers receive current versions of supported software, as they become available.
●Collaborates with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology from both general and specific perspectives.
●CMS Experience Strongly preferred.
●Design, implement, and evaluate current and future infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance
●General Administration of Unix/Linux - Installation, Users Creation, Group Creation, Permissions, Creations of Folders, Mail/SMTP, Web (Apache, Tomcat), FTP, DNS, Proxy, Samba, Firewall (NAT, IP Tables, Packet Filter, IP Filter), LDAP, NFS, NIS, NFS/CIFS/FCP
●Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution
●Perform new hardware and Linux OS installations, patching and upgrades
●Maintain operating systems and associated infrastructure software
●Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
●Install and maintain Server OS and configuration using tools automated installation like Kickstart and Configuration Management tools like Puppet
●Work closely with various IT groups including but not limited to project management, database administration, network and security teams, application team and assist in overall architectural design, implementation and troubleshooting
●BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
●Experience with AWS or other cloud platform
●8+ years Linux systems administration experience specifically in managing or supporting RedHat in production environments
●Scripting skills: Highly skilled in at least two typical scripting languages (shell/bash, perl, python, ruby)
●Experience supporting VMWARE infrastructure in a large enterprise environment.
●Experience configuring Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment
●Ability to develop a complete disaster recovery and system backup plan with the responsibility of producing and maintaining all system documentation
●Expertise in developing automated scripts for monitoring or analyzing the operation of infrastructure, including Nagios scripts, log file reporting, Spacewalk/RedHat Satellite and Puppet scripts
●Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours
●Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks, and projects
●Ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle and consult with the customer on business requirements
●Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
●Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
●Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
●Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
Must be US Citizen or be able to work without sponsorship. Must be able secure Public Trust background investigation
- Work to collect requirements from the diverse customer base, perform the appropriate analysis, develop the strategic roadmap, and all associated documentation.
- Create training material(s) to provide to the customer on all solutions implemented.
- Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented.
- Research, evaluate and remain current on emerging tools, techniques and IT technologies.
- Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis.
- Document response and resolution processes for team compliance; develop training content to educate junior staff.
- Perform system analysis and create reports to display trends and overall statistics based on correlated security incidents and event data to produce monthly exception and management reports
- Provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Act as a primary interface to business users for high level IT support issues.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or escalate software, hardware, security, and network issues.
- Extend personal capabilities through local training, reading, and technical project work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of directly related experience in the following areas:
- Professional verbal and written communication skills required, capable of contributing to Knowledge Management
- Ability to react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting large enterprise IT environments
- Experience creating, modifying, and following standard procedural documents
- Knowledge of the Cherwell Service Management platform desired
- Ability to work off-shift hours and conduct senior-level on-call duties when required