Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The U.S. Census Bureau is the largest statistical agency of the United States Government, providing timely data on the nation's population and economy. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy.
The 2020 CQA program is the functional group at the Census Bureau that interfaces with citizens over the phone and other communications channels to assist them in responding to and completing 2020 Census Forms.
MAXIMUS Federal Services (MFS) is seeking a Site Security Officer to join our 2020 CQA Human Capital team. The Site Security Officer will Support the HIT Infrastructure & Operations Divisions Network Security Operations Branch in the area of Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM).
• Secure Network Approval Process (SNAP) Information Assurance (IA) expertise to document the actual and or planned usage of circuits in relation to DoD boundaries and system architectures.
• Have an understanding of the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation artifacts.
• Have knowledge in Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Compliance Reporting.
• Have an understanding of networking and DoD IA policies, and be capable of applying them to a centrally-managed worldwide network.
• Capable of communicating security risks clearly and concisely via Vulnerability Assessments Reports (VARs), and should have an understanding of DoD networks and perimeter defense tech.
• Work independently to ensure that planned network solutions based on customer requirements are secured in accordance with DoD policies.
• Work independently to provide security consulting services to other network engineers and customers.
• Participate in client meetings and conference calls; gather client requirements; help identify and qualify opportunities from a technical perspective; gather information on client’s environment; white board/scope potential solutions; and recommend technical solutions.
• Gather client requirements and data which may include site surveys, system evaluations and get-well plans, system analysis, security analysis, and assessment of client network topology.
• Conduct in-depth technical reviews of Certification & Accreditation (C&A) documentation from DIACAP and RMF accreditation program.Education/Certification Requirements:
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• In accordance with contractual requirements: Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
Background Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years; or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with compliance in a NIST SP800-53 and RMF required.
• Minimum of 3 years of technical experience with cloud architecture. • Typically requires an advanced technical degree and a minimum of 12 years in progressively responsible positions.
• Individual contributor who oversees large, technically complex projects.
• Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
• Position is recognized as a subject matter expert within a particular discipline.
• Some barriers to entry exist at this level (Sr Executive approval).
• Knowledgeable of emerging trends and may contribute to and influence best practices within discipline.
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau. Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
- Typically requires an advanced technical degree and a minimum of 12 years in progressively responsible positions.
- Individual contributor who oversees large, technically complex projects.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Position is recognized as a subject matter expert within a particular discipline.
- Some barriers to entry exist at this level (Sr Executive approval).
- Knowledgeable of emerging trends and may contribute to and influence best practices within discipline.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed