Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex risk analyses and risk assessment.
- Establish and satisfy Information Assurance (IA) and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Apply know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Advise information system owners on client/project security policies and requirements for systems.
- Interface with external customers to provide IA subject matter expertise throughout the system development lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding the enhancement of the security posture of systems and their implementation.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.