Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a dynamic, driven, and creative individual to join the MAXIMUS Federal Marketing Team. The purpose and role of this position is to manage, develop, and execute marketing and communications strategies and initiatives that advance the Company’s federal government opportunities within civilian agencies and the Department of Defense (DOD). This person will work closely with the Federal Sales Team and Federal Marketing Team to develop and ensure alignment of efforts to support near-term opportunities and long-term growth strategies that expand the Company’s market share for delivering services to the federal government. The Marketing Manager will also serve as the team lead for marketing the Company’s citizen services and digital offerings in the federal government contracting space, as well as provide external communications support to further the brand and reputation of the Company within the U.S. federal market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• The role will report directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications for MAXIMUS Federal, as a member of Corporate Communications, and will primarily support the Federal Marketing Team, the Federal Sales Team, and the Federal Capture Team, while also contributing to the broader efforts of the Corporate Communications team.
• Work closely with the Federal Sales Team to understand their key opportunities in order to develop and implement capture strategies that position them to win. This includes assisting with messaging development, participating in win strategy sessions, content development, proposal reviews, and creating presentations and other materials for client engagements.
• Manage the creation of a wide variety of unique marketing materials with tailored messages for opportunities within civilian agencies and the DOD that are based on the target audiences and sales objectives. Ensure these materials are clear, concise and meet corporate brand standards before they are presented for approval. These materials include various collateral pieces, presentations, webinars, event promotions, white papers, ebooks, email, social media and other digital marketing tools.
• Manage the Company’s relationship with industry organizations related to civilian agencies and the DOD. Identify, plan, and participate in their relevant conferences and events, including reviewing and recommending sponsorship or speaking opportunities, attending as a MAXIMUS representative, sharing key takeaways, and identifying others from MAXIMUS who should participate. Will work closely with the Marketing Coordinator to manage exhibit and sponsorship activities, logistics, attendee registrations and event planning.
• Serve as the Marketing “evangelist” for citizen services and digital capabilities and offerings. This includes contributing to the development of content marketing strategies to support the offerings, managing solution launches and demand generation campaigns, development of messaging and content, collateral pieces, presentations, and social media campaigns, managing website content, and working with partner companies on joint efforts.
• Develop and coordinate social media efforts on Twitter and LinkedIn related to citizen services and digital capabilities and offerings, including assisting with developing strategies and executing on a detailed plan and schedule, and aligning them with the needs of the Company.
• Support public relations efforts to increase the visibility of the citizen services and digital subject matter experts, including developing thought leadership pieces, assisting with interviews and other media engagements, writing and editing press releases, media alerts, blogs, and other external content.
• Assist with communications and marketing support for external business consultants.
• Ensure brand compliance in all marketing materials and communications for the Company.
• Advise management on strategies to leverage communications materials in a manner that helps achieve the short-term and long-term business objectives.
• Provide support for broader branding, marketing and communications efforts across both MAXIMUS Federal and MAXIMUS.
• Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• 5-8 years of related experience, specifically marketing that supports citizen or customer service and digital engagement tools, particularly for federal government programs
• BA/BS degree (marketing or business preferred)
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Very strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and communicate statuses with stakeholders
• Ability to communicate in a direct, concise and compelling manner to varied audiences
• Experience in developing and executing stakeholder communication plans
• Strong understanding of branding principles and ability to execute brand-building strategies
• Good knowledge of social media tools and ability to utilize them for communications and branding
• Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels to meet organizational goals
• Sound judgement and ability to manage multiple clients, projects and tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment
• Experience in providing informed recommendations to senior-level management
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Knowledge of and/or experience with marketing and public relations functions
• Full knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style writing
• Expert use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel