Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
Conducts face-to-face outreach and enrollment broker services to beneficiaries in a group and individual presentations. Presents Managed Care Options to beneficiaries and assists them in using their health care plans. Assists management with the training/guidance of new Enrollment Service Representative staff. Maintain positive relationships with the county staff, community groups and HCO clients; conducts on-going training of HCO program to county staff. Ability to travel (valid CA driver’s license and evidence of insurance required) throughout the county and surrounding counties as needed, in a dependable and punctual manner.
- Conducts face-to-face outreach and enrollment broker services to beneficiaries in a group and individual presentations.
- Presents Managed Care Options to beneficiaries and assists them in using their health care plans.
- Assists beneficiaries in the enrollment/dis-enrollment process.
- Assists other Enrollment Service Representatives with daily management duties.
- Assists management with the training/guidance of new Enrollment Service Representative staff.
- Maintains positive relationships with the county staff, community groups and HCO clients; conducts on-going training of HCO program to county staff.
- Performs data entry for enrollment/dis-enrollments, as needed.
- Transmits enrollment/dis-enrollment data to central processing facility operations in accordance with HCO policies and procedures.
- Assists beneficiaries with medical exemptions and waiver inquiries.
- Provides beneficiaries with status of enrollment/dis-enrollment, medical exemptions and waivers.
- Documents daily activity accurately in Customer Relationship Management Database
- Reviews knowledge base content for accuracy and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Adheres to established procedures, performs self-checking and pay attention to detail in the performance at work.
- Meets Field Operations minimum performance standards.
- Notifies management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance using established processes.
- Reports observed quality problems and deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Makes recommendations to management for improving the quality and efficiency of work.
- Meets Production and Quality Assistance goals as defined for this position.
- Ability to work any and all assigned offices as directed by management.
- Ability to attend and promote the program during community events and health fairs as needed.
- Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the attached performance criteria.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent certification; knowledge of the community to be served; computer literacy; ability to work with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to quickly learn new software programs. Type 20+ wpm; ability to travel throughout the county in a dependable and punctual manner; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently; and fluency in threshold languages including reading and writing ability.
Preferred qualifications include: Six months of human services experience dealing with the public. Presentation and/or public speaking experience (teaching, marketing, community outreach and education, or public relations experience).
Experience working with low-income and diverse populations; Capable of presenting the required information and materials interactively and in a culturally and linguistically competent manner that readily lends itself to comprehension and retention by beneficiary being served.
- High School Diploma with 0-1 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone, recording consistent problem areas.
- May respond to email inquiries.
- Customer service is the primary function.
- Calls are basis and routine.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal and external contacts.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed